Happy Independence Day Americaaaaaaaaa! I’m writing this post from Greece, BUT celebrating in style with a champagne toast.
I actually made this dip for a Memorial Day Party, but obvs it’s totally usable for any celebration of the country. It’s also suuuuper easy to make because, duh, you know how I like my dishes. Quick and easy.
The other things I like about this dip is that it’s healthy-ish which is great when you’re at a pool party in your swimmies #absofsteel
Anyway, I’m sure you’re in a hurry trying to whip up a side dish for the pool party you’re headed to so I’ll get to the recipe 🙂
- 2 cans (14.5) oz fat free refried black beans (get mine at Whole Foods)
- 2 cups pre-made guacamole (my recipe below)
- 1 sm container low fat sour cream
- 1 c. salsa (store bought is fine) OR pico de Gallo (can also buy pre-made or make at home)
- 1 1/2 cups monterrey jack cheese (I know the picture is mixed but that’s bc I forgot my cheese when I packed up the ingredients so had to make due with what was available!)
- 3 finely diced roma tomatoes
- 1/2 black beans
*I usually heat the refried beans in a saucepan with 1/8 c. water until smooth so that it’s easier to spread in the pan.* In a 9 x 13 pan, spread in this order: refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa. After you’ve got those done, use the black beans and make a rectangle in the top left corner of the pan in a 2×4 shape. One the beans are placed, make 1 in. even rows alternating between the white cheese (first at the top) and the tomatoes until you reach the bottom. Serve with blue corn tortilla chips for an even more festive side.
- 2 large avocados
- juice from 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp Tony Chachere seasoning
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp tobacco sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
Mash up the avocados, then top with seasonings & salt/pepper as desired. Squeeze 1/2 half of lemon over and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt/pepper and other half of lemon’s juice if needed.
Whats your favorite America-themed side dish??