I am alllll about budget-friendly items even when it comes to skincare. I think a lot of times people are drawn to more expensive items when it comes to skincare because there is this perception that if it costs more it must work better. However, that isn’t always true! Prime example is the TruSkin vitamin C serum. I tried this out after testing the SkinCeuticals version (at $166!!), and it worked EXACTLY THE SAME. I was seriously shocked, but also v thankful because the TruSkin version is only $20.
I order all of these items on Amazon because #primelife you know what I mean?
Click the image to shop any of these amaze products!
- Jergen’s Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer- I wear this in the winter months to keep from looking like a ghost. I can’t tell you how many people have asked me if I went and got a tan just from using this!
2. Aveeno in-shower facial- YA’LL. This makes your skin SO SOFT. Honestly, when I first purchased it was one of those impulse buys because it sounded good & I was in the mood to try something new. Changed my life.
3. TruSkin Vitamin C serum- A couple of summers ago I literally woke up one day with a HUGE brown patch on my forehead, some spots on the right side of my face, and a beautiful melanoma mustache. I was mortified. I covered it up with concealer, but you could still see it. So I tried SkinCeuticals which worked, but it was so expensive that when it ran out I couldn’t bring myself to try it again. Then the all of the brown spots came back with a vengeance. Then I discovered TruSkin. I can now happily report that the big spot on my forehead is almost invisible and the melanoma mustache is totally gone. PTL.
4. Who doesn’t love a good sheet mask? These come in a pack of 16 & are made my a Korean company. We all know Koreans make some of the best skincare, amirite?
5. Elta MD Moisturizer- I use this in the summer when my face starts to tan and I don’t need the jergens. It is a little over the $25 budget mark, but I love it because it is totally weightless, provides great UV/SPF protection, and is a Texas-based business. Yeehaw!