Every once in a while I’ll get a craving for something specific, but not have the energy or desire to leave the house. That’s what happened this past Friday night. I blame The Glam Kitchen. I follow her on Instagram, and Y’ALL she posts some seriously yummy food on da REG. You should check her out.
ANYWAY, this is one of those dinners you can have ready in 30 minutes or less… you know how I like it.
- 1lb shrimp
- 1 large lime
- 1/4 c butter
- 1 oz tequila
- 1tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
For the rice:
- 11/2 c. rice (can use white or brown)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 8oz ground beef OR sausage (you can use breakfast sausage)
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 c. finely diced onion
- 3 gloves garlic
- 3 medium stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 3 1/2 c chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- fresh parsley (for garnish)
Instructions for rice:
- You’ll want to prep your rice first. Start by heating the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add beef or sausage to the pan and cook until done.
- Add onion, garlic, jalapeño, celery and cajun seasoning, and stir until softened (approximately 5 minutes).
- Once the vegetables are soft, add your rice, bay leaves and the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover for 25 minutes (until rice is cooked through.)
Instructions for shrimp:
- When the rice has been cooking for about 15 minutes, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until the shrimp have turned pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add butter, tequila and juice from 1 whole lime stirring well until the butter is melted. Add the shrimp back in to the pan and toss to coat.
To serve top the rice with the shrimp and garnish with a little chopped parsley!
Wow… now I want to make this all over again….