So my friend Emmi introduced me to this delicious little snack by Harvest Snaps called Wasabi Ranch Green Pea Crisps (buy them on Amazon or at Kroger). They are seriously addicting! One day I had this idea come to me that they would make a delicious crust on salmon and I was NOT wrong. IT’S SO GOOD. I served mine with some balsamic roasted Brussels that I cooked simultaneous with the salmon in less than 30 minssssss.
- 8-12 oz Atlantic salmon
- 1 cup of wasabi pea crisps, crushed
- 1 tbsp oil (I use EVOO but can also use preferred light oil)
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp light mayo
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla or honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- thinly sliced green onions (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Set the salmon out and top with crushed wasabi mixture. Let sit while you make the aioli.
- Mix mayo, sriracha, vanilla, lemon juice and salt in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium high heat.
- When the oil is hot enough (should be almost sizzling) place the salmon crust side down. Cook for 4 minutes, flip, and finished cooking in the oven for 10-12 minutes depending on how done you like your salmon.
- Top with aioli (I like to get fancy and pipe mine out of a zip lock bag) and green onions.
Literally the easiest and yummiest recipe evaaaa!